The Belgrade News is grateful and honored to be the primary source of quality local news in the central and western areas of the Gallatin Valley in Southwest Montana.
From offices located in Bozeman, a staff of four produces an award-winning weekly newspaper that serves the communities of Belgrade, Manhattan, Amsterdam-Churchill, Springhill, Four Corners, Three Forks, Willow Creek and the rural areas in between. Secondary readership areas include Gallatin Gateway and Bozeman.
Three ways to read
The print edition of the newspaper is published every Thursday of the calendar year and is circulated along with a wide variety of special sections and projects to high-traffic locations throughout the valley, and by U.S. Mail to subscribers in and out of the area.
We maintain a free website where locally written news, feature, opinion and sports stories are posted, along with frequent updates, breaking news and other items.
We also publish an online e-edition. The e-edition enables us to post our actual newspaper pages online in an interactive format. Readers can view the entire paper as it appeared in print and click on individual page elements, including stories and photos.
Our history & ownership
The Belgrade News published its first issue Feb. 3, 2004, and has published continually, in print and online, since that time. Our staff consists of an editor and a news reporter, a sports editor and sports reporter, two advertising sales people and a graphic designer. The Belgrade News is published by Big Sky Publishing LLC, which also publishes the Bozeman Daily Chronicle and the West Yellowstone News.
Though owned by the same company, the Belgrade News maintains an entirely separate and independent newsroom and display advertising department. News decisions are made in Belgrade and advertising is priced and sold for the specific market we serve, often resulting in a much better value than advertisers can find elsewhere.
Big Sky Publishing is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pioneer News Group Inc. of Seattle, a family-owned, privately held company that publishes more than 20 daily and weekly newspapers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Montana.
- Our circulation is 4,500 copies of the print edition once a week.
- Using an industry-standard multiplier of 2.2 readers per copy, we reach 9,900 readers with each issue.
- Our website circulation averages 15,000 per week (unique visitors), but that number has spiked as high as 65,000 on weeks when we have covered 'big' news stories.
- Our extensive website redesign, launched in March 2016, finally enabled us to post photos, daily news updates and other items and we believe it will single-handedly and substantially increase our online circulation. We will report those numbers as they become available.
Thank you for your interest in the Belgrade News, and please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
- Your friends at the Belgrade News