...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations mostly
between 5 and 10 inches possible at lower elevations, with 10 to
20 inches possible in most mountain areas. Winds could gust as
high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of central, north central, and southwest Montana.
* WHEN...From late tonight through Saturday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult, and tire chains may be
required for some vehicles. The hazardous conditions could impact
the Friday evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wet roads may quickly freeze and become
extremely slippery late Friday afternoon as colder air surges
south and snow continues. Gusty northerly winds could also cause
areas of reduced visibility in blowing snow starting Friday
Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on young
livestock please visit our webpage and select Local Programs then
Cold Air Advisory for Newborn Livestock.