...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM FRIDAY TO
MIDNIGHT MST SATURDAY NIGHT...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations between 5 and
10 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. Wind chill values as
low as 20 degrees below zero on Saturday.
* WHERE...Meagher County Valleys, Gallatin Valley, and Madison River
* WHEN...From 11 AM Friday to Midnight MST Saturday Night.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow
could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions
could impact the Friday evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wet roads may quickly freeze and become
extremely slippery Friday afternoon and evening as colder air
surges south and snow continues. Gusty northerly winds could also
cause areas of reduced visibility in blowing snow from Friday
night through Saturday afternoon.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1 or visiting the MDT Road Report website.
To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on young
livestock please visit our webpage and select Local Programs then
Cold Air Advisory for Newborn Livestock.